ABOUT MEGAN CIC
The Medway Engagement Group And Network CIC (MEGAN) was established in 2009 and became an independent Community Interest Company on 1st April 2013.
MEGAN CIC has a current membership of 200+ people, who are aged 18+, who have or have had mental health issues and who reside or access services in Medway, Swale, Dartford, Gravesham or Swanley.
• To provide a voice for mental health service users – providing opportunities for people who have or have had mental health issues to share views and experiences of mental health services and participate in local service planning and development.
• To inform future mental health commissioning intentions to improve the quality of services available in Medway.
• To provide a safe and supportive opportunity for service users to share experiences and discuss issues of common concern in a relaxed and informal environment.
• To effectively communicate relevant information about mental health services to all members and to those unable to participate in the groups.
• To raise awareness of mental health issues and combat stigma and discrimination.
• To support people with mental health issues in their recovery and offer peer support through group attendance.
Through active engagement with service users, encourage and empower them to lead in the decision making and shaping of local Mental Health services and providing opportunities for service user peer support to enable them to become proactive in their own recovery.
To collaboratively engage, empower and support people with mental health issues in Medway to build confidence and participation in the design and delivery of services, to have a voice and meet others in similar situations through the provision of various groups.
We would like to thank the following organisations who are currently funding MEGAN CIC service delivery:
· Big Lottery Fund
· NHS Medway CCG
· Medway Council
· Live Well Kent
· Big Lottery Fund – Medway REAP Partnership
· Engaging Kent
We would also like to thank the organisations below who have previously supported MEGAN CIC through the provision of funding:
· MHS Homes
· NHS Swale CCG
· NHS DGS CCG
· The Trusthouse Charitable Foundation
· The Tudor Trust
· Invicta Advocacy
· Park Club Gym
· Medway Adult and Community Learning Service – Fortis Project